The EU General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) and Data Protection Act 2018 added extra responsibilities to all schools. As schools and multi academy trusts handle personal data, they must ensure that they are aware of the new rules and must examine the processes they currently have in place to ensure they continue to comply with the law. This includes ensuring all employees are aware of their own responsibilities when it comes to keeping personal data safe.
By completing these courses, school employees will learn; their main responsibilities and how they can start making the required changes towards data protection compliance, the 6 lawful bases for processing data, the role of their appointed Data Protection Officer, and receive tips and tricks on how to mitigate risks that could lead to data breaches.
Courses included with this licence are:
- Data Protection for Education Staff
- Data Protection for Child Protection Leads
- Data Protection for Governors/Trustees (maintained schools and standalone academies)
- Data Protection for Lunchtime, Cleaning and Site Staff
- Data Protection for School Administrators
- Further courses for Leadership Teams, Business Managers, and Finance Teams are coming soon and will be added to your package at no extra cost.
Course Duration – 1 hour per course (approximately)
On completion of the courses, your staff will receive a SchoolPro TLC certificate of completion.
Licences are purchased per “seat” or staff member. Typical costs:
- Primary School of 75 staff – £120
- Secondary School of 120 staff – £192